Scene 3: Jesus sends Peter and John to prepare and the Healing of Bartimaeus

The Right Stuff
On the first day of unleavened bread, when the Passover lamb is sacrificed, Jesus walked with his disciples as they discuss the plans for the Passover.
You will find a room - go prepare for us
Peter asked Jesus where they would eat the Passover meal. Jesus told him, "Go into the city and you will meet a man carrying a jug of water. Follow him, and say to the owner of the house he enters, 'The Master has said, where is the dining room in which I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' He will show you a large upper room that has begun to be made ready for us. Make the preparations for us there."

As Peter and John leave Jesus and the other disciples, we then move to the healing of the blind beggar, Bartimaeus. He was sitting with crowd and asked them what was happening. When he heard it was Jesus he yelled out to be healed. The crowd told him to be quiet and he yelled louder.
Jesus asked James to bring Bartimaeus to Him.
Although Jesus knew what this beggar wanted, He never forces himself on anyone.
"What would you have me do for you?" He asked.
Bartimaeus replied, "Lord, give me back my sight."
He was then healed and spread through the crowd sharing the joy of his new sight.
Although the healing of Bartimaeus took place a little before the entry into Jerusalem, we put it here to show the healing power of Jesus' love.
What will you have me do for you?

I am healed! I can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment